Staff Spotlight: Jordan, Project Manager
Jordan has been a project manager here at Kitchen Collaborative for almost two years. She is responsible for organizing project timelines, overseeing details, and liaising between clients and the cooks at our digital agency. She is also responsible for coordinating photoshoots, printing, fabrication, and space implementation with vendors. Jordan graduated early from University of California, Santa Cruz with a B.A. in English Literature. Prior to working at Kitchen Collaborative, Jordan worked in sales and marketing roles including an editorial internship with Parenting magazine.
What’s one thing you can’t live without?
– Probably coffee.
What do you like to do for fun?
– Reading, hiking with friends, and going to the movies.
What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
– I worked as a nanny one summer at a camp in Yosemite. Very random, insanely fun.
What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
– Traveling novelist.
Use 3 words to describe Kitchen Collaborative:
– Creative, Open, Dynamic
What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
– Completing projects, then starting new ones.
What has been your favorite project at Kitchen Collaborative?
– Building responsive websites for clients. It’s a lot of work and very rewarding once complete.
Where is your dream vacation?
– To relax on the beach in Hawaii or to explore Japan.
What is the best book you’ve ever read?
– Recently, I was completely consumed by Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan Novels. In general, I think Pride & Prejudice is a perfect read.
People would be surprised if they knew:
-Before working in the real world, I had a few girl punk bands in Santa Cruz, LA, and NYC.